Fifteen Instagram Promotional Ideas
Almost any company would be able to name the big five of social media marketing: Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, LinkedIn, and even Pinterest. Instagram, however, is one of those up-and-coming platforms that has been quickly adopted by consumers but is still not quite one of the “big ones” in terms of marketing.
Now, however, that is beginning to alter. Marketers are beginning to see the value of Instagram as a platform for showcasing a company’s culture and personality through the use of candid, behind-the-scenes photos and videos.
If you’re a business looking to make the most of Instagram, we’ve compiled a list of 15 marketing tips to help you get started.
- Remember to complete your profile. Complete your profile just as you would on any other social media platform, as tedious as that may be before you get to the fun stuff. Interested customers can reach out to you in a variety of ways if you provide links to your other social media profiles.
- Focus on the image quality Instagram is a social media platform for sharing photos taken with mobile devices. However, this does not imply that they are of low quality. Don’t show photos that are hard to understand or focus on. Verify that they are a good fit for the role of company ambassador. Try out different photo editing apps, or experiment with Instagram’s filters, to find the one that best suits your needs.
- Experiment with your photographs. Also, you’re not restricted to just photos. If you have access to a photo editing app, try adding text to your photo or creating a collage. These kinds of creative flourishes can give your photographs a lot more character.
- Narrate a tale. Instagram photos can function as independent works, and many highly interesting and successful ones do just that. However, a story told through a collection of images can be just as compelling. One option is to show multiple perspectives of the same event or to document the progression of time and place through photographs. Alternatively, you could display a collection of items that have some connection to one another. Try something new!
- Avoid sounding pushy. You shouldn’t use Instagram to spam people with images of your wares. Instead, it’s a place to relax and show your audience more candid sides of you. Promoting your products on Instagram will only irritate your followers. If you want to convert site visitors into paying customers, you need to stop being fake and start relating to them.
- Go off-screen in the sixth spot. Gather your coworkers for some silly selfies during lunch or around the office. Show us the event’s preparations in the wings by posting photos. The public craves more transparency from businesses, so give it to them.
- Focus your photo selections on a way of life. Posting pictures of employees with their families will reinforce the company’s image as a fun, family-friendly place to work. Cowboys and other images of Americana can show that your business is hardworking and patriotic. Sell high-end products? Show off photos of luxurious hotel lobbies and faraway beaches. Using imagery that represents your brand will help you connect with your demographic.
- Feature your wares in an imaginative manner. We know we just told you to not be pushy, but this is important. However, showcasing your goods in imaginative ways is not pushy. Use one of your products in a hilariously unexpected way, then post pictures of people trying it out. Offer tantalising glimpses of future offerings, for example. It won’t be seen as aggressive if it’s humorous enough.
- Orient new hires as a nine. The new guy is always a hit at parties. Instagram can be used to put faces with names for both new and existing employees. Introduce the interns and highlight the positive experiences they’re having while working for you.
- Remember to use hashtags. Hashtags, like those used on other social media sites, can be a powerful advertising tool. Use well-known ones, or come up with your own!
- Have a competition. Have your followers share photos they’ve taken with a specific theme in mind, and award a prize to the winner. This is a fantastic method for increasing interest in your brand and encouraging interaction from your audience.
- Don’t go crazy, okay? Consistent photo uploads are great, but don’t flood your followers’ feeds. Doing some research is a good way to figure out how often to post. See how often your rivals are making posts, and then make your own.
- Discuss the feedback given in Businesses on Facebook must respond to customers quickly, even if it’s just to thank them for their feedback, just as they must on any other social media platform. Make it a habit to check back for feedback and engage in the discussions you’ve started.
- Showcase your patrons. Putting up pictures of yourself is a surefire way to get attention. Of course, we’ll need their approval first. If you highlight the wonderful customers you have, others will wonder what makes your customers so content.
- Extend the reach of your Instagram photos by posting them elsewhere. Don’t limit yourself to just one platform for sharing your amazing photos! Let your other followers know what they’re missing by not following you on Instagram. Involving yourself in as many of their daily activities as possible is ideal.
Finally, you have it! Fifteen suggestions for promoting your company on Instagram. To add Instagram to your social media marketing strategy, all you need to do is take a few pictures and write a few words. A new group of people have heard your message.